Re: Problem with zip completion

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 16:49:32 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> You probably needed -p0 to tell it not to strip off any path components
> at all.

Hmm... yes, I forgot that one. A bit tired... :( Thanks.

> That one I can't tell you.  It sure looks like you got some stray output
> written into the .zcompdump file.  Do you perhaps have a preexec that
> emits something to stdout?  Unlike precmd, which executes only when a
> prompt is printed, preexec executes before *every* top-level command,
> even when running shell scripts.

No, I have no preexec function. These lines come from the precmd
function. I also have:

  TRAPCLD() { precmd }

If I replace it by

  TRAPCLD() { precmd > $TTY }

this solves the problem. Is it the right thing to do?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des