Re: Zsh on Solaris 2.6

erlamarque@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have downloaded the Zsh shell that I have founded on your website
> (http://chronos.cs.msu.su/).
> the file I have donwloaded is :

[...]
> Unfortunately, when i try to run that shell, i obtain the following error.
>
> # /usr/local/bin/zsh
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/zsh: fatal: libcurses.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed.

it looks like the package requires ncurses shared libraries, so you
might either look for a statically compiled package, or you might
install a package which provides the ncurses libraries.  you might check
the sunfreeware site for this.

sun has a vendor supplied zsh package with solaris 8, but i don't know
if there's one for the version of solaris you're running. it didn't look
like there was a zsh package on the sunfreeware site for 2.6 either.