Re: Installing zsh-2.0.4 on IRIX 6.5

On 15 Jan, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After building and installing zsh-4.0.4 on an SGI Origin2000 with
> IRIX-6.5.14, zsh dies with SIGSEGV immediatly after starting.
>
> I tried to compile zsh with IRIX cc and gcc, and with/without the
> --disable-dynamic flag during configuring, but nothing helps.
>
> My previously used version was 3.1.9, running without any problem.
>
> Some issues?

Here is what I do on my IRIX-6.5 box

./.preconfig

note that I want to have my zsh-related files in the /usr/PRIVATE  tree
You probably want to use a different path.

 CFLAGS=-O3 LDFLAGS=-s DLLDFLAGS='-shared -L/usr/PRIVATE/lib -rpath /usr/PRIVATE/lib' \
  nice ./configure --prefix=/usr/PRIVATE \
   --enable-dynamic \
   --enable-zshenv=/usr/PRIVATE/etc/zshenv   --enable-zshrc=/usr/PRIVATE/etc/zshrc \
   --enable-zlogin=/usr/PRIVATE/etc/zlogin   --enable-zprofile=/usr/PRIVATE/etc/zprofile \
   --enable-zlogout=/usr/PRIVATE/etc/zlogout --enable-etcdir=/usr/PRIVATE/etc/Zsh_Functions

This work for the current (i.e. CVS) version and has been working since
years.

(I wouldn't use  gcc-3.1 (to be) since I get problems with some
packages)

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik