ZSH 3.0.8 and modifiers

I was hoping someone could help me with this...

I build up a big array of potential directories that might exist in
the array $path.  I then weed out all the ones that don't exist by
doing:

 path=( ${$path}(/N) )

This works great under the newer versions of ZSH (4.0 for example)
as long as NULL_GLOB and RC_EXPAND_PARAM are set (I suppose I don't
need the N with NULL_GLOB, but it's habit. :-)

But under 3.0.8 (on my Darwin/OS X iBook) it produces an array
with the string (/N) appended to each item.  Is there something I'm
missing?

This is the same with (/) instead of (/N) as well.

Ciao!

--
"Apparently if you play the Windows NT CD backwards you hear satanic messages."
"You think that's bad, if you play it forwards it installs Windows NT!"

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@xxxxxxxx                                                   KF6VNC