Re: zsh's answer to the bash completion fm project

* Bruce Stephens <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2002-04- 3 23:05:47 +0100]:
> I think you misunderstand: compctl is obsoleted by the new completion
> system, and the new completion system is one file per command
> (roughly, anyway), so it's naturally easy for people to submit
> completions for new commands---they just provide a new file.

  Woops, your right...ok, I said I was a newbie but I didn't think it
was that bad.  Yes, you're right.

  So that changes my original question to: Can/should we have a file for
compctl recipes, and then a directory containing the files for the stuff
made with the new system?

  Oh, and to the people who wrote me privately, pointing out that
compctl is strongly deprecated in favor of the new system, that it
sucks, etc etc...yes, I know this, I wasn't suggesting we advocate using
it.  All I meant was that if a recipe exists for compctl and hasn't been
ported to the new system yet, we should still include it unless using
both systems at once is impossible and/or a huge resource hit.

  So now that I'm up to speed on what's going on with the two completion
systems, my next project is to inspect the "onboard" completion
directories to see how many of my current compctl recipes are duplicated
there.  I should be able to have a starting point soon...

--
john@xxxxxx