keybinding for "edit current line with $EDITOR"

I'm a convert to zsh from bash, and there's only one thing that I've
been missing: the ability to open $EDITOR to edit the current line of
input.

In bash with the vi keybindings enabled it is bound to v... I can't
find it in the bash keybinding stuff to give a readline function name.

It would be like what fc does, but acting upon the current input and not
on a command pulled from history.

Anybody have some zsh magic that does this?

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey