Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Closed list? (was Re: A new game)
- X-seq: zsh-users 5133
- From: Cameron McBride <cameron@xxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Closed list? (was Re: A new game)
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:36:58 -0400
- In-reply-to: <1025424766.2794.3.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <200206291805.UAA12831@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20020629190414.GB7597@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1020629192923.ZM9213@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20020629194338.GE7597@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20020629201340.GA20030@localhost> <1025424766.2794.3.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I would be up for something that at least strips out the large mime
> > stuff.
> No. I do not understand why MIME is still considered the root of all
> evils. This is the most natural way of posting patches and patches can
> be large.
OK, reasonable argument -- and you are right. However, there does have
to be *some* method of elimination before they get sent. Perhaps filter
on content type from the mime attachments (say 'application/octet-stream',
etc), which would eliminate a few.
> that supports IMAP and kill these messages without even downloading
> them. If you get reasonable mail client you can read test without
> downloading the whole attachments.
Heh. OK, so the argument here is to better enjoy the list, I change my
provider and get a decent mail client. Nice response... At least it
is a reasonable suggestion of things to try if I hadn't thought of them
and had it available.
> > If you wanted to do some limiting -- I think that non-members having to
> > be 'approved' is the most severe that should be implemented.
I guess I wasn't clear -- I was trying to say that I think the list
should stay open, with the above choice as the most severe limitation to
be chosen. For a support / informational ML, I do not see the point of
limiting posts only to subscribers. Sorry for my lack of clarity in the
If I am the only one annoyed, or represent a severe minority -- it
shouldn't matter, as I can live with it. However, if there are other
members that are as annoyed...
Messages sorted by: