Re: vi-history-incremental-search?

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Steve Talley wrote:
> When I use vi-history-search-backward to search for "foo" (matched at
> 102), I can use "n" (vi-repeat-search) to perform the same search
> again (matched at 100).  But if I initially use
> history-incremental-search-backward to search for "foo", then "n"
> (vi-repeat-search) doesn't continue the search for "foo".

The easiest solution would probably be to change the two functions to
use the same last-search variable instead of two different ones.  The
only downside to this is if someone out there uses both search functions
and enjoys having a different search default in each one.  I personally
see no problem with combining them.

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Even in emacs mode you can't exit from incremental search and then
> resume the same search again later.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Type Ctrl-R twice and it will start a
new search with the previous search string.

..wayne..