Re: Completion of dirs confused over cursor position

Phil Pennock wrote:
> Owing to a major machine failure and not being able to get my old data
> back for a few more days, I've finally taken the plunge and tried moving
> away from compctl.
>
> Very impressive.
>
> However, if I "cd <TAB>", I get shown:
>  Completing directory
>  Mail/  bin/
>
> typing "b<TAB>" gives me a command-line of "cd bin/"; pressing <TAB>
> again here shows the available completions, but puts the cursor back
> _before_ the "/"; pressing tab will cycle through the options, but I
> can't type the first letter and then tab again, since I'm then changing
> the name before the "/".

This isn't supposed to happen and doesn't when I use your settings.
Maybe some invisible character is screwing up the calculations.  I think
you're stuck with trying to find the minimum set of options, styles and
parameters which reproduces it, also whether it's specific to a
particular version or displaying a particular arrangement of filenames.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.