Re: No path completion on Cygwin mounts?

Hi, Peter, :)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Jason Tiller wrote:

> > However, I'm having trouble getting pathname completion to work on
> > Cygwin mounts.

> I'm afraid I haven't been able to get it to fail (I'm using 4.1.1).
> None of your settings look weird.

Well, I did a little work myself and discovered pretty rapidly that
the issue is the 'compinit' call in my zshenv.  I began walking
through my startup file and when I started a shell that didn't make
the call to 'compinit', then my completion worked fine (once I
realized it was case-sensitive!).

However, with a little more investigation, it seems that my call to
'zstyle' also affected the completion.

Here are the lines from zshenv in question:

<snip>
# Configure the zsh completion system.
autoload -U compinit
compinit

# Set some of my options.
setopt CDABLE_VARS
setopt AUTO_CD  # Like 4DOS 'cd' without 'cd'! - *yes*!!
setopt EXTENDED_GLOB  # Cool stuff.

# Make completion and file stuff insensitive.  Wow, I have no idea how
# this works.
zstyle ":completion:*" matcher-list 'm:{A-Za-z}={a-zA-Z}'
</snip>

If I just comment-out the 'compinit' line and the 'zstyle' line, then
completion works as I would expect, regardless of the mount.

Any idea what might be happening here?  BTW, this is Zsh 4.0.6
compiled for Cygwin, in case it wasn't obvious.

Thanks!

---Jason