Surely this can be done easier...

    Hi all :))

    I have a file containing a list of files, and I want those files
in a command line. The problem is that the filenames contain weird
characters, spaces and so on. Currently I do the following:

    $ while read line ; do array=($array "$line") ; done < listing
    $ command $array

    I've tried things like 'command $(cat listing)', but obviously
they don't work because quoting.

    Can this be done simpler? I think that I made this same question
a time ago, but I haven't found it in the mailing list archive :(

    Thanks a lot in advance and happy holidays (if any) ;))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736