Re: named directory expansion on strings

* Bart Schaefer (2004-03-14 19:54 +0100)
> On Mar 13,  6:48pm, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>: Fortunately, I found a better way[1]. Any style comments on my first
>: /really complicated/ ;-) zsh shell script welcome!
>
> Nothing major ...
>
> [...]

Thanks for the tips.

>: Long live the Zen of Python[2].
>
> Hrm.  As far as I'm concerned, the Python folks went wrong when they gave
> semantic significance to depth of whitespace indentation, and all of the
> right decisions they've made since have been a waste of effort.

Interesting. Everyone says that indentation is good and has a semantic
significance for the programmer. And as soon as the compiler is made
to honor this significance they say: "oh, no, give me back my braces,
curls, parentheses and "END"s, "fi"s, "done"s, etc.

Thorsten