Re: syntax overview for zsh?

--- Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> If anyone else has a vim or X(Emacs) syntax highlighter I'd be
> >> grateful, too.
> >
> > I'm not a major-league zsh programmer, so I may well be ignorant, but
> > what's wrong with good-old shell-script mode in (X)Emacs?
>
> Nothing, if I could find the defining syntax file. Nothing like
> "sh.el" on my Gentoo box (where I have XEmacs).

If you just want to use it as is, just type M-x shell-script-mode (tab
completion works here, too), and it'll put you in Emacs' proper mode.  If
you want to tweak the syntax, the appropriate elisp file is the
non-obvious sh-script.el.  If you want to know how to make it
automatically detect zsh-ness and it's not already doing so (works for me
with no special effort in GNU Emacs if the file starts with #!/bin/zsh),
email me offline and I'll tell you what to put in your .emacs.

=====
Cheers,
Bob Schmertz