Re: zsh and line breaks

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:16:00 +0100,  wrote:

>I'm having some trouble with zsh (4.0.6) and line breaks. It seems that
>it does not accept "\n" as a line break. This results in some
>uncomfortableness when using it as a login shell, such as this output
>from Emacs:
>
>[bkhl@ackusativ ~/kurser/vt04/lp1/lab1]% latex \\nonstopmode\\input rapport.tex
>latex \\nonstopmode\\input rapport.tex\n
>
>Apparently, zsh is not interpreting \n as EOL.
>
>Is there some setting that might fix this?

I run zsh on Cygwin, unlike bash zsh gets very upset if it sees dos
returns. I have to run dos2unix on my zsh scripts.

I haven't seen an explanation for this

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips