Re: Completion for cd

Hi,

* Bart Schaefer wrote (2004-03-28 21:56):
>On Mar 28, 12:42pm, Thorsten Haude wrote:
>} one of the last upgrades of Zsh in Debian Sarge changed the way
>} directory names for cd are completed. With the current set of
>} functions, user's home directories are completed, which is a nuisance.
>[...]
>} 2. I would like to do the change in a way that does not interfere with
>} future updates from Debian's package management system. Any ideas?
>
>This should all be controllable by styles.
>
>Start by typing (where "zsh% " represents your prompt);
>
>    zsh% cd ~
>
>Now type ctrl+x and then h.

Ok, what are these? What to search for in the manual to read up on
these things?

>You should see something like:
>
>    tags in context :completion::complete:-tilde-::
>	users named-directories directory-stack  (_tilde)
>	users                                    (_users _tilde)
>
>If instead you see
>
>    tags in context :completion::complete:cd::
>
>(followed by some list of tags), then something is wrong, because the
>"# Note we need a tilde because ..." code that you quoted should be
>effectively dead now -- it's there only as a failsafe and I can't find
>a way to force the _wanted call in that branch to be executed.  (Maybe
>Oliver or PWS can?)

Well, something seems to be *very* wrong because I see this:

tags in context :completion::expand:::
    all-expansions expansions original  (_expand)

>Assuming you've got the -tilde- context, (...)

Nope, sorry.

Thorsten
--
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to
using Windows for mission-critical applications.