Re: Completion for cd

Moin,

* Bart Schaefer wrote (2004-04-01 20:04):
>I think we've got some communications crossed here.
>
>Do you mean that if you type "cd " (note trailing space) and then TAB, zsh
>lists user home directories?

Yep. Annoying as hell, even with only application user beside myself.
yooden@eumel % cd n<tab>
nedit   news    nobody

The first is a named directory (good), the other two are users (bad).

>The other Thorsten (this is becoming confusing :-) means that you should
>need to type "cd ~" (trailing tilde) and then TAB to get home directories
>completed.

That is understood, but not what I see on my box.

Thorsten
--
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.