Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Proprositions for a useful categorization of zsh options?
- X-seq: zsh-users 7385
- From: DervishD <raul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Proprositions for a useful categorization of zsh options?
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:56:03 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <5dm0y2dfylqz.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Pleyades
- References: <1o5vc7hkd82ad.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040421103358.GA28557@DervishD> <5dm0y2dfylqz.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Thorsten :)
* Thorsten Kampe <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> >> autocd autonamedirs cdablevars
> > I would change the name POPD/PUSHD of the last category to simply
> > 'DIRS' and put those three there.
> Yes, "pushd/popd" is too specific compared to the the other ones who
> are far more general..., but is "DIRS" the appropriate term?
Not at all. I have a gift to choose bad names O:))
> "Dealing somehow with dirs" seems a bit vague to me...
You're right. A better name should be added.
> > A couple more could be moved to that 'DIRS' category.
> For instance?
Don't remember right now, I saw a couple. But before that, a
proper name and description (and rationale) for the category must be
> > In addition to this, a whole bunch of options present in
> > 'MISCELLANEOUS' category could be moved to another category,
> > meaning 'options related to zsh internals'
> Which options for instance?
I don't have your original mail at hand, but I was referring to
options like 'errexit'. I'm afraid I cannot explain better what I
have in mind, specially in English O:)
> > ( Now the misc category is simply too big and almost renders the
> > categorization useless :(
> My fight continues until the last miscellaneous option is categorised
> elsewhere... ;-)!
Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.pleyades.net & http://raul.pleyades.net/
Messages sorted by: