Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: coloring STDERR to terminal
- X-seq: zsh-users 7629
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: coloring STDERR to terminal
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:01:03 +0200
- In-reply-to: <20040630114341.GR2033@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20040627190433.Q27888@willy_wonka> <Pine.LNX.4.60.0406280815130.19831@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040629160826.GL2033@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <Pine.LNX.4.60.0406291002300.31134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040630070902.GO2033@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <Pine.LNX.4.60.0406300311020.5600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040630114341.GR2033@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 2004-06-30 13:43:41 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation. But in fact, I didn't add the
> print -n $'\0'
> line, so there is no R problem in my case. So, is this line really
Hmm... I now see. It seems I got confused by the zshbuiltins man page,
-p Input is read from the coprocess.
1) from the coprocess output, or
2) sharing the coprocess input?
First I supposed (2); I think that this is really what I want.
But looking at the explanations, it seems to be (1); however, in this
case, there seems to be a race condition anyway, as the coprocess may
be too late to write its input to the tty, i.e. the following is
possible, isn't it?
1) I type Ctrl-d.
2) "zsh: you have running jobs." is written by zsh to stderr (will be
read by the coprocess).
3) precmd() is called (but there are still no bytes sent by the
4) The new prompt is displayed (sent to the tty).
5) The coprocess reads a line.
6) The coprocess sends "zsh: you have running jobs." to the tty.
7) The coprocess sends a byte to stdout (too late!).
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / SPACES project at LORIA
Messages sorted by: