4.2.0: failed to load module

Hi all,

I just installed zsh-4.2.0 on 1 Redhat 9 system & 2 Redhat 7.2 systems
via:

./configure
make
make test
sudo make install

On all 3 systems "make test" indicated:

./A06assign.ztst: starting.
Test ./A06assign.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
 typeset -A hash
 hash=(one 1)
 h+=string
 [[ $h[@] == string ]]
Was testing: add scalar to association
./A06assign.ztst: test failed.

Nevertheless, everything is working ok on my RH9 system & 1 of my RH7.2
systems. On the other RH7.2 system however, I am getting the following
error message:

/etc/profile:10: failed to load module: zsh/rlimits
/etc/zshrc:27: failed to load module: zsh/zle
/etc/zshrc:bindkey:27: autoload failed

& then a whole bunch of consequential errors.

So my question is, why doesn't zsh work on one RH7.2 system but it does
on the other? Both RH7.2 systems use gcc-3.2.1.

Any help/pointers muchly appreciated.

Please CC ss at aao dot gov dot au as I'm not subscribed to this list.

SCoTT. :)