Re: Problem with complete-all

I wrote:
> It seems we need to fix the example in the manual.

> Try changing the last style to add _complete after _all_matches:
>   zstyle ':completion:all-matches::::' completer _all_matches _complete
> It needs _complete there to actually generate some matches.

Sorry to reply to my own post but I thought I should point out that the
manual isn't actually wrong. With the completer style from the manual,
_all_matches does work. It reuses the matches from the previous completion
so you have to press tab before ^Xx. The style I suggested allows you
to just press ^Xx or whatever key you have bound. It needs that insert
style too, though.

Oliver