Re: insert-last-word makes space disappear

* On Sat Aug 14, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Jesper Holmberg wrote:
>
> > What happens is that the combination of menu-complete and
> > insert-last-word (bound to alt-.) sometimes makes a vital space
> > disappear on the command line.
>
> I suspect that you don't really have alt-. bound to insert-last-word,
> or more precisely that you have replaced the builtin insert-last-word
> widget with a user-defined widget such as smart-insert-last-word from
> the Functions/Zle directory.

Yes, I do use smart-insert-last-word, sorry for the confusion. I have now
added your LBUFFER+='' trick to the start of this function, and so far it
seems to be working well. I'll report back if I find any problems.

As for the long-time solution, I suppose others are better fit than me to
tackle this.

Thank you for your help, Bart!

Jesper