Re: Two simple questions

    Hi Tero :)

 * Tero Niemela <tero_niemela@xxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> 0) I'm seeing dirs like /bin /bin/ and even /bin// in
> my PATH. What would be the best way to clean up the
> trailing slashes? "typeset -U path" won't clean up
> paths if they have different number of trailing
> slashes (I mean all those mentioned paths are left but
> other instances of, e.g., /bin are of course cleaned).

    'typeset -U' just 'uniqize', it doesn't normalize. You're looking
for something like (EXTENDED_GLOB must be set, for the '#'):

    path=(${(qq)${path//\/##/\/}%/})

    This converts multiple slashes to just one, and then removes the
last one. The '(qq)' part is needed just in case 'path' has elements
with spaces in it.

> 1) I use cygwin+zsh and it works great. I have in my
> windows explorer "Command prompt here" option that
> starts cmd.exe in the selected directory (with
> "cmd.exe /k 'cd %1'" or something). How could I define
> a command in command line that gets executed after all
> zsh configuration files? zsh && cd /some/path of
> course doesn't work.

    Just add that command at the end of the last config file read. If
the shell is interactive, try /etc/zshrc (well, I don't know which
name it has under cygwin, sorry).

    Hope that helps :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--