Re: Even more about my nvi/zsh-bug

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:10:37PM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> Summa summarum: nvi checks environment variable $SHELL . It tries to use
> shell mentioned in that variable, but that environment variable must
> have whole path of that shell.

That probably means that nvi has modified the $PATH and left out things
like /bin.  So, I assume it is trying to execute "zsh" and that is
failing (due to the PATH).  There might be a way to configure the PATH
to fix this.

I assume you could also avoid the problem by changing your screen setup
to use this:

shell -/bin/zsh

That continues to tell screen to use a login shell, but also ensures
that $SHELL contains a fully qualified program name.

..wayne..