Re: bindkey -v and alt-. for previous cmd arg

Nick Croft wrote:
> I have since downgraded back to 4.0.4 but the original behaviour hasn't
> returned. I have copies of the original .zshrc, which works on other
> machines.

I can't see any evidence the binding was there in 4.0 (I'm actually
looking at the end of the 4.0 line, though I very much doubt a change
like this would have appeared in the middle).  The binding was there
in 3.0.  Are you sure it wasn't an even older zsh?

> It's all very strange, and to me buggy. I've noticed with some other
> software that 'progress' can mean the loss of the features I like best.

I tend to agree about this.  If I remember, there were some purist
mutterings a few years ago about vi insert mode and it was optimised for
"real vi users", so escape bindings were removed.  The main gain was
that there was no delay after typing Escape to leave insert mode (see
documentation of KEYTMOUT).  I doubt this was worth the annoyance caused.

This should put things back, I think.

bindkey -M viins "\M-^D" list-choices
bindkey -M viins "\M-^G" send-break
bindkey -M viins "\M-^H" backward-kill-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-^I" self-insert-unmeta
bindkey -M viins "\M-^J" self-insert-unmeta
bindkey -M viins "\M-^L" clear-screen
bindkey -M viins "\M-^M" self-insert-unmeta
bindkey -M viins "\M-^_" copy-prev-word
bindkey -M viins "\M- " expand-history
bindkey -M viins "\M-!" expand-history
bindkey -M viins "\M-\"" quote-region
bindkey -M viins "\M-$" spell-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-'" quote-line
bindkey -M viins "\M--" neg-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-." insert-last-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-0" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-1" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-2" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-3" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-4" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-5" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-6" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-7" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-8" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-9" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "\M-<" beginning-of-buffer-or-history
bindkey -M viins "\M->" end-of-buffer-or-history
bindkey -M viins "\M-?" which-command
bindkey -M viins "\M-A" accept-and-hold
bindkey -M viins "\M-B" backward-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-C" capitalize-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-D" kill-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-F" forward-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-G" get-line
bindkey -M viins "\M-H" run-help
bindkey -M viins "\M-L" down-case-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-N" history-search-forward
bindkey -M viins "\M-P" history-search-backward
bindkey -M viins "\M-Q" push-line
bindkey -M viins "\M-S" spell-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-T" transpose-words
bindkey -M viins "\M-U" up-case-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-W" copy-region-as-kill
bindkey -M viins "\M-_" insert-last-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-a" accept-and-hold
bindkey -M viins "\M-b" backward-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-c" capitalize-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-d" kill-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-f" forward-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-g" get-line
bindkey -M viins "\M-h" run-help
bindkey -M viins "\M-l" down-case-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-n" history-search-forward
bindkey -M viins "\M-p" history-search-backward
bindkey -M viins "\M-q" push-line
bindkey -M viins "\M-s" spell-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-t" transpose-words
bindkey -M viins "\M-u" up-case-word
bindkey -M viins "\M-w" copy-region-as-kill
bindkey -M viins "\M-x" execute-named-cmd
bindkey -M viins "\M-y" yank-pop
bindkey -M viins "\M-z" execute-last-named-cmd
bindkey -M viins "\M-|" vi-goto-column
bindkey -M viins "\M-^?" backward-kill-word
bindkey -M viins "^[^D" list-choices
bindkey -M viins "^[^G" send-break
bindkey -M viins "^[^H" backward-kill-word
bindkey -M viins "^[^I" self-insert-unmeta
bindkey -M viins "^[^J" self-insert-unmeta
bindkey -M viins "^[^L" clear-screen
bindkey -M viins "^[^M" self-insert-unmeta
bindkey -M viins "^[^_" copy-prev-word
bindkey -M viins "^[ " expand-history
bindkey -M viins "^[!" expand-history
bindkey -M viins "^[\"" quote-region
bindkey -M viins "^[$" spell-word
bindkey -M viins "^['" quote-line
bindkey -M viins "^[-" neg-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[." insert-last-word
bindkey -M viins "^[0" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[1" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[2" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[3" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[4" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[5" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[6" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[7" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[8" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[9" digit-argument
bindkey -M viins "^[<" beginning-of-buffer-or-history
bindkey -M viins "^[>" end-of-buffer-or-history
bindkey -M viins "^[?" which-command
bindkey -M viins "^[A" accept-and-hold
bindkey -M viins "^[B" backward-word
bindkey -M viins "^[C" capitalize-word
bindkey -M viins "^[D" kill-word
bindkey -M viins "^[F" forward-word
bindkey -M viins "^[G" get-line
bindkey -M viins "^[H" run-help
bindkey -M viins "^[L" down-case-word
bindkey -M viins "^[N" history-search-forward
bindkey -M viins "^[P" history-search-backward
bindkey -M viins "^[Q" push-line
bindkey -M viins "^[S" spell-word
bindkey -M viins "^[T" transpose-words
bindkey -M viins "^[U" up-case-word
bindkey -M viins "^[W" copy-region-as-kill
bindkey -M viins "^[[A" up-line-or-history
bindkey -M viins "^[[B" down-line-or-history
bindkey -M viins "^[[C" forward-char
bindkey -M viins "^[[D" backward-char
bindkey -M viins "^[_" insert-last-word
bindkey -M viins "^[a" accept-and-hold
bindkey -M viins "^[b" backward-word
bindkey -M viins "^[c" capitalize-word
bindkey -M viins "^[d" kill-word
bindkey -M viins "^[f" forward-word
bindkey -M viins "^[g" get-line
bindkey -M viins "^[h" run-help
bindkey -M viins "^[l" down-case-word
bindkey -M viins "^[n" history-search-forward
bindkey -M viins "^[p" history-search-backward
bindkey -M viins "^[q" push-line-or-edit
bindkey -M viins "^[s" spell-word
bindkey -M viins "^[t" transpose-words
bindkey -M viins "^[u" up-case-word
bindkey -M viins "^[w" copy-region-as-kill
bindkey -M viins "^[x" execute-named-cmd
bindkey -M viins "^[y" yank-pop
bindkey -M viins "^[z" execute-last-named-cmd
bindkey -M viins "^[|" vi-goto-column
bindkey -M viins "^[^?" backward-kill-word

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com