Re: core dump after system upgrade.

 --- Le Wang <lewang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I never had a problem before my system upgrade either.  I'm assuming it's
> another package that got "upgraded" that's causing the problem.  I just
> don't
> know which one.

No no no.  I went back and tried some previous versions again, and somehow
all versions prior to 4.2.0 work now.  So a bug would appear to have been
introduced in 4.2.0.

Here is a recipe:

$ xterm -geometry 40x10 -exec zsh -f

in the new window do the following:

  echo $ZSH_VERSION
  autoload -U compinit
  compinit
  zstyle ':completion:*' menu scroll=0 select=2
  rm -rf /tmp/zsh_test
  cd /tmp
  mkdir zsh_test
  cd zsh_test
  touch 'asdf asdf asdf adsf asdf adsf asdf asdf'
  touch b

now do:

  ls <tab>

hold on to tab for a FEW SECONDS to bring up menu completion, and it should
still work fine.

now, narrow the window until zsh segfaults.

Please tell me I'm not imagining this!

--
Le