list all jobs before prompt

Hi

I would like zsh to list /all/ jobs when I suspend one.

A reasonable method is to add "jobs" to my precmd function, but this
will cause zsh to print a status message for the suspended job and list
the same job again in the output of "jobs".  I don't see the need for
the suspended job to be listed twice.  It also looks a bit silly if the
command I type at the prompt is "jobs". :-)

I could also do a lot of manual filtering in precmd, but I would have to
make some assumptions and it still wouldn't produce the desired,
consistent output format unless I could also prevent the default message
on suspension.

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

The closest behavior to what I desire is tcsh's listjobs option.

--
Michael Wardle <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>