Re: RFT: Request for a trick :O)

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  The following line:
>
>      cmp <(7z x -so render/GlassBowl001.blend.7z ) <(7z x -so  render2/Glas=
> sBowl001.blend.7z )
>
>  gaves:
>     Extracting  GlassBowl001.blend/usr/bin/7z: line 2:  5488 Broken pipe
>           /usr/lib/p7zip/7z "$@"
>     Extracting  GlassBowl001.blend/usr/bin/7z: line 2:  5492 Broken pipe
>           /usr/lib/p7zip/7z "$@"

Not sure this is the error, but: it's quite likely cmp needs to be able
to seek backwards. <(...) is often implemented using a pipe on which you
can't do that.  (Results may vary, so you can't assume it will always
work from the behaviour on one system.)

The =(...) substitution exists for this very reason.

  cmp =(output1...) =(output2...)

I'm not sure this is the error because I would expect a slightly
different error message, but it's worth trying.

the system manager.