Something completion related

Hi,

 Currently my zsh completes this way:
 I enter a command and the beginning of the filename and press
 <TAB>. ZSH then displays all possible matches in a selectable menu
 below the commandline and replaces my incomplete filename with the
 complete first match (which is not necessaryly the one that I
 want...)

 Supposing the above behaviour:
 I enter "rm -f", enter a incomplete filename and press <TAB>.
 ZSH behaves as above and I verify, that all listed files are those I
 want to remove. I press "*" and....oh SHIT: Instead of

	  rm -f aaab*

 I get

      rm -f aaab *

 which matches definitely much more as I want.

 I was searching for a way to change ZSH's completion to the
 following:
 After pressing <TAB> ZSH should not insert the complete first match
 and display all matches in a menu below the commandline but let my
 incomplete filename string as it is and display a selectable menu
 below from where I could choose the correct filename.

 And I want to get rid of the "insert space" effect described above
 (rm -f aaab<space>*).

 I would be very happy, I someone can help me on modifying the
 configuration of the completion system that way,

 Thank you very much in advance !
 Have a nice sunday!
 mcc