Re: Vanishing files ?

    Hi Meino :)

 * Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@xxxxxx> dixit:
>  Why can I execute the contents of the script "tempwatch" but not the
>  script itsself?

    Probably because you don't have read or execute permissions for
the script :?? You can execute the contents because you're entering
them in the command line, but that has nothing to do with the
problem you have.

>  By the way: Does anyone know a trick how to remove _all_
>  Escape-Sequences from a script generated by the command "script" ...
>  "col -b" does not catch all.

    "sed". Or Perl, if you know Perl but don't know sed. It's tricky,
anyway, because not all escape sequences have the same length :((

    Probably there is a much clever trick to achieve what you want,
but I'm not aware of it, sorry :(((

    Good luck!

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado