Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: ZLE widget to run gdb on command line
- X-seq: zsh-users 10798
- From: DervishD <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Chris Johnson <cjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: ZLE widget to run gdb on command line
- Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:50:09 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20061006153637.GA1901@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Chris Johnson <cjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: DervishD
- References: <20061006145222.GA32307@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20061006152343.GA30653@DervishD> <20061006153637.GA1901@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Chris :)
* Chris Johnson <cjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> DervishD sent me the following 1.0K:
This is the most funny attribution line I've ever seen XDDDD
> > > Hi. I just thought I'd share a widget that I find helpful. Invoking
> > > gdb is something I need to do a lot lately, it seems, and I often think
> > > I can pass the program's arguments as arguments to gdb:
> > Try this:
> > gdb --args myprog arg1 arg2 arg3
> You think they'd document these things in the man pages. Or maybe my
> man pages are out of date.
With GNU things, don't rely on manpages, rely on the info
documentation (yes, I hate that format too, but...). In the --help
output the "--args" option is slightly documented (being "slightly"
the keyword here...).
Unfortunately, not all software is as well documented as zsh,
specially GNU software.
> > (if you don't use a core argument, of course)
> > BTW, the widget is quite useful, not only for gdb, but for other
> > interactive programs too where you ALWAYS run certain command at
> > startup. Thanks :))
> Yep, you still need to type "run" with --args. Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm using your widget right now with a friend's ftp server that
forces me to do "epsv4 off" in my ftpclient each time I connect. As I
said, this is quite useful :))
Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Linux Registered User 88736 | http://www.dervishd.net
It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to... RAmen!
Messages sorted by: