sched behaviour: execute only after <return>

Hello List,

i was wondering if the behaviour of 'sched' was what everybody
expects: At least i was startled, when i found out, that it does not
"really" schedule my jobs...

an example:

 > sched +0:01 date +%R

should wait one minute and then print the current date. As long as i
don't use the shell, i don't get a feedback (no output from 'date'). I
have f.i. to press <enter>. This is perfectly fine for me.
However, the result from 'date' is not what i expected:

assume it was exactly high noon, when i typed in the command from above:

 12:00> sched +0:01 date +%R

then i would wait for exactly two minutes until i press <return>. I would
think the 'date' command was executed at 12:01 and be printed at 12:02:

 12:02> <pressing enter>
   12:01

instead i get:

 12:02> "pressing enter>
   12:02

which means, that the 'date' command was executed NOT at 12:01 but at 12:02!

[i hope this example isn't too confusing... ;-} ]

Can someone please tell me if and how this behaviour can be changed?

I mean, what good is a scheduling service if i need to be around to
press a key to trigger it???

How do you guys schedule your jobs?

Many thanks in advance!

Holger

PS: zsh ROCKS!

PPS:

> zsh --version
zsh 4.3.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

i have (amongst others) the following options set in my .zshrc:
setopt MONITOR
setopt NOTIFY

... but i have also tried it without these...without success.