Re: compinit prints out last functions

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 21:43:17 -0500
"Mike Hostetler" <hostetlerm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +/cygdrive/h/.zcompdump:19&gt; autoload -Uz
>
> compdump () {

This is why you're getting the output.  "autoload -Uz" is running
without arguments, so it's printing the autoloads.  However, next we
need to know why it's running without arguments... there should be a
long list of completion functions there.  (You could try "rm
/cygdrive/h/.zcompdump", but I suspect the next time it will simply
create that line again empty.)

What's supposed to happen is that the variable $fpath gives a list of
directories that contain completion functions.  Run "print -l $fpath" to
see.  You should see it includes something like
"/usr/local/share/zsh/4.3.4/functions" (depending on the version and
where zsh was installed), which has all the completion functions in it.
I would guess in your case that's missing from fpath.  It should be
included by default; you need to find out what's changing it.  Do the
"zsh -x" trick again or use any output you already have and have a look for
lines that contain "FPATH=" or "fpath=".