Re: conflict of "exec zsh" with scp

On Jan 9,  6:05pm, Andy Spiegl wrote:
}
} > However, if want you really want is to NOT exec zsh for scp, then it may
} > be sufficient to change the test to:
} >
} > 	[[ ! -t 0 && "$REALUSER" == "Andy Spiegl" ]]
} Without the "!" it works.

Yes, I don't know why I had my head on backwards for that message.

} But why did you mention whether I really don't want to use zsh for scp?
} Is there any disadvantage?

As you're in a shared environment, it's conceivable that there are other
scripts that might run scp or a non-interactive ssh and depend on bash
semantics on the far end.

The main reason to care one way or the other is globbing.  If you pass a
glob pattern to the remote system (which only makes sense if the remote
system is the source of the copy, really), you'll be restricted to bash
patterns unless you can figure out how to get zsh to run.