Re: idea for new feature (was: Re: sticky-note and zle bindings)

On Jan 24, 2008 10:54 PM, Robert Knight <robertknight@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd really rather not.  Three ways of doing something means at least
> three more things to test and three more places for bugs to sprout.

Well, that part would be for the shell to implement, anyway. But as
most of the shells will not be terminated with ctrl-d/exit/logout there
must be an option to store everything on shutdown automagically.
Unless there is a reliable way to catch this, the shell would need
to keep persistant copies of all data at all times.

Richard