Re: Phil's prompt is not working when LANG is set to UTF-8

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:01:36AM +0100, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/02/2008, Wael Nasreddine <mla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I'm having a problem with my zsh prompt which uses phil's prompt[1],
> > when I export LANG=en_US.utf8 the prompt is, as you can see in the
> > screenshot[2], all messed up, anyone knows why this is happening??
> > I've tried it on both Linux and Unix and I have had the same results.
> > Also please take a look at the discussion[3] that happend on IRC a
> > while ago.

> > Thank you

> What version of zsh are you using? It works fine here with 4.3.5 and
> rxvt-unicode both set to UTF-8 before sourcing the prompt.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention that this only happens on consoles not in X
emulators ( /dev/tty1 etc... ) I have also the combination of
rxvt-unicode/zsh/UTF-8 and it works fine but on the console it's too messy so
I'm deprived of consoles ATM.

Anyway my zsh version is 4.3.5

--
Wael Nasreddine
http://wael.nasreddine.com

.: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
   would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.