Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Completion questions (kill, appending)
- X-seq: zsh-users 12666
- From: "David Besen" <dbesen@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Completion questions (kill, appending)
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:56:35 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=KdskXNnIaCqPWXL237Aso6X95CVCnk4dqQHYWfQzpro=; b=Ch02cgtldQ16/1y0ljARPW55fOD8/D5cqOG7X6Dky71n8TWUNPLR/UbS9Q0qg5ITmEZcZAW2KLl6zNT4boDncAJUUimypRCuXRvO6JKNukQNN4MiCA2YRrlmM/4GUq2+7HZ5hSdgIAgYPyH74Si5SyFi8VdZDzW8vmj+tQoQ4Mc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=X4B//Dtn+MmP/uial7mkPANcjQPc+tbzupwSpczsDbowJSEi4bnD7LBaR8VNQzN6NeqQ2Tr/huMjP2ucrPhl7xzKeCRM+WR7xfwcmxd3RCD+pT1PNZYwcFY/W7kXm7hY+c3NUgqQM9xNk6xygi7iYosktAIHo/Oz8NF5bXmEmMQ=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Hi, I'm new to zsh, and I had a couple of questions:
First, can I make the kill completion show all the jobs that I can
kill? It seems strange to me that it only shows the jobs for the
Second, I'm coming from bash, and so I hate menu completion. I have
it turned off (unsetopt automenu and unsetopt menucomplete), and that
seems to work for most things. However, if you attempt to complete a
pid to kill by using the process name, it reverts to menu completion.
Can I turn off all menu completion everywhere somehow?
Third, how do you append specific things to a completion list? I want
to append my common usernames to the 'users' list, without replacing
the usernames that are already there.
zstyle ':completion:*:(ssh|scp):*' users <usernames>
and that replaces the list instead of appending to it.
Messages sorted by: