glob expansion

Hi all

First: I love ZSH!

Only thing bothering me is that ZSH tries to ALWAYS expand glob patterns, and gives an error if it can't. I'd prefer if when the expansion fails, it would pass the pattern on to the program being called. An example where this behavior is a pain:

find /usr/lib -type f -name *.so

does not work (as I expect it). Either there are some .so files in the current directory, and ZSH will expand (which is NOT what I want, but then BASH does it the same way), or it doesn't match, and I get an error. To get it to work I have to either quote or escape the globbing expression.

I do understand that the approach ZSH uses is the safer one as it enforces consistent behavior. But then, for quick work on the command line I find it a pain to always having to remember to escape or quote the pattern.

So my question: Is there any way to change the expansion behavior of ZSH? The man-pages and the FAQ didn't help me, nor did google. But then, I'm quite sure I didn't use the appropriate search terms...

Thanks

Michael