Re: no way to keep my glob expanded ? (i don't think so)

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:44:17PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > ft gave a workaround on #zsh: print -l *c(e-'REPLY=${REPLY//truc/}'-)
>
> As Mikael explained, you can also use history-style modifiers in glob
> qualifiers, which are more readable.  I think *c(:gs/truc//) is the
> best answer you are likely to get.

it points on the fact we could use history modifiers in globs: great
tips. Thanks, Mikael!

> There's a long (but still probably incomplete) description of how the
> parameter transformations work in zshexpn: search for "brain damage".

i know ... but i burned my brain all times i tried to read it. I'll try
again, time to time ...

i thought of something more visual ... a set -xxx flag :)

btw thanks for all your quick, complete and patient answers.

Regards

--
Marc Chantreux
BibLibre, expert en logiciels libres pour l'info-doc