Handling of .. in command line parameters

Hello,

I have a small problem with zsh. Is there a possibility for .. in command line
to count with symbolic links?

More specifically, I have symblic link ~/link that points to another
directory, let's say ~/somedir/target. If I do

cd ~/link
vi ../file.txt

It tries to open ~/somedir/file.txt instead of ~/file.txt, what I want.

Maybe this is not only "problem" of zsh, but also of all other programs (vi in
this example). Do you know about any solution to this?

When doing the same with bash, vi tries to open the same (wrong) file, but at
least completion for ../* files works as I want.

Please, CC me when answering, since I'm not on the list.

Thanks
Michal Sojka