Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: keys not working?
- X-seq: zsh-users 13002
- From: "Peter Menzel" <pmenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Peter Stephenson" <pws@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: keys not working?
- Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:26:48 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=NFtp0G5TyNNeriLt0GY0swJQrbaPepBaYoOMovv0Ans=; b=sao9GSfWn9w6FxZcl6prpNCAC/U/oqF7rOImOib2/xyMM2918jBLIAMqABANL4DGG5 HNMpmrSirZBKobUF/EsEWWvIbdf0Vc7Sr6AU6JqNnYm6iBnrERowHfvE26QIEUtk7ISW sJXGn7gZereaQioruf8Nhteezssd7OWnKkEE4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=O5Vaias6LseZ8r0E+WJ1+/0xWXxxU2QdbU/qW33DDwqY3JKCpf0fmwYS9a3VJzPSAd QbmAgV2Te4ai3D4Wn/UKmT2X0EFXegkPZMiM3hE/JulYWjb3ZkaBSWwJ3GiOkJW4cJZ8 e3grmcsC5JEtJN2LG0shmdfjTdhBfwP/ToI4o=
- In-reply-to: <200807040916.m649GWFJ019714@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <310417680807040207h3e73bee9g4813a36856b4512b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200807040916.m649GWFJ019714@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanx. Problem solved:
I found the right key bindings in Ubuntu's /etc/zsh/zshrc and put them
in my own Fedora .zshrc
2008/7/4 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>:
> "Peter Menzel" wrote:
>> I recently switched to Fedora and use zsh there.
>> The problem I encounter, is that my Home, End and Delete keys do not
>> work properly any longer.
>> I have no problem with those keys with the bash and never had this
>> problem with zsh in Ubuntu.
>> Did anyone had the same problem?
> This is not just system-specific, but terminal-specific too, and you
> need the right key bindings which aren't in the ~/.zshrc you posted. So
> you're relying on the system's initialisation files; these don't usually
> bind those keys. Hence I don't know enough about your setup to say
> what's happening.
> Anyway, see http://zsh.sunsite.dk/Guide/zshguide04.html#l96 for some hints
> although I think the corresponding section in "From Bash to Zsh"
> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590593766) is probably clearer since
> it's been better edited.
Messages sorted by: