Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: A scheme to manage several ZSH config file collections?
- X-seq: zsh-users 13066
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: "Richard Hartmann" <richih.mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: A scheme to manage several ZSH config file collections?
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:15:47 +0100
- Cc: "Zsh users list" <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <2d460de70807240810t6ee76d02u23bfbab3775ab1e3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <2d460de70807240448v2d77b44dr5b25580e7a39f51b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200807241205.m6OC5ExC014430@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2d460de70807240656k538326f2k2925e06f7098da38@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200807241406.m6OE6wAn015564@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2d460de70807240715q1bd6746fya52683b5f551f68a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200807241418.m6OEIgaF015722@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2d460de70807240728j49961e0cj18b1c2c1f1385b5e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2d460de70807240740i5653e032ydf1689776e532b58@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200807241458.m6OEwG8V017063@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2d460de70807240810t6ee76d02u23bfbab3775ab1e3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Richard Hartmann" wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 16:58, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Possibly, but I'm not quite sure what you're proposing.
> Basically, it is this:
> Suppose that the normal zsh-newuser-install has a
> mechanism which will detect rc files provided by ZSH, the
> distribution or the local admin and offer the user to use
> any of them. A short description should probably be
> provided for each rc file collection. Also, an easy way to
> choose another of the available options at a later point,
> i.e. when the user wants to try something else, should
> probably be provided.
I suppose it could look for configurations somewhere under the
share/zsh/<version> directory and list what it finds and print a
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
CSR PLC, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
Messages sorted by: