Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
completion for dummies, compinit for neophobes?
- X-seq: zsh-users 13305
- From: "Aaron Davies" <aaron.davies@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "zsh users mailing list" <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: completion for dummies, compinit for neophobes?
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:59:52 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=SqjlSpmMvp1wp/fDYB2D/sMAMGqOSQoS6CrGgmvOQEo=; b=CGhOzlgjKRxNbz3m0U4SSdq1DJuQfSLL/nkPLTM+CrNhMEfPT9yd8AkHnZZl8s4FSb zquCInoTcSfF73xnhBZFtxLc2gZ0c0aWJP+v2uthhXlV9bsb3qWpX/4BYnJCsM/90AvV SXMvZNNjXH/QUBzth/as3yQfv9dMDUvHBLqV8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=W1l86lAnRHAA1ADXIIG4+Wv2di9gz6L6vpSsLRj97Ooz74nMHapfITpVe5/52bUYSZ bC1+YNiZgc4bYD8+9/0SQMlRnuv+uQG+TIHtgwPJ7lxp58aX/HGH5TyrWb1QsyrnliPN P8S5QFAdNtGl9FrLqDCB7XUK+WCDJWmBGEyAU=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
i love the idea of a fully-customizable completion system, but every
time i turn it on, i get horribly confused by the configuration
system, get annoyed at the changes to my UI, and give up and go back
to plain completion.
is there a way to set up compinit completion so as to produce exactly
the same results in all cases as "default" completion? i have a lot of
muscle memory invested in things like "hit tab twice to start
iterating through list of candidates", and it's when things like that
change on me (and their customization is spread over four options each
five levels down in different parts of the compinstall menu system)
that i get bored and give up. i would love to be able to turn on the
advanced completion, have nothing change, and be able to start
experimenting from that point.
pursuant to that, my second question: is there a guide to completion
that's oriented towards working on one specific feature at a time
(e.g., just add hostname completion for ssh)?
Messages sorted by: