Re: Globbing on what the completion function would suggest?

> Hi all,
>
> I want to do the following (pseudocode):
>
>  apt-cache show expand_completion(*foo*)
>
> where *foo* globbing on what the completion would suggest,
> at this point. Unfortunately, I could not figure it out, by
> myself.

I don't know if I've done anything special, but for example if I do
ls --[ab]<tab>, i get
---- option
--all         -- do not ignore entries starting with .
--almost-all  -- do not list implied . and ..
--author      -- with -l, print the author of each file
--block-size  -- use SIZE-byte blocks

I can't test the show completion since I don't use debian, but
apt-cache [md]*<tab> behaves the same way.

--
Mikael Magnusson