Re: cool features like completion of abbreviated directory hierarchies?

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:21:24AM +0000, zzapper wrote:
> Eric De Mund wrote in news:1225321328.27046@xxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> > Peter, All,
> >
> > Peter Stephenson <p DOT w DOT stephenson AT ntlworld DOT com>:
> >] Vincent spotted a completion problem with completion of abbreviated
> >] directory hierarchies like /u/lo/li. I think I've found the fix and
> >] if so I'll make 4.3.9 tomorrow.
> >
> > I'm now in my 19th year of using Zsh, and this is one very cool feature
> > that I was completely unaware of. I'm sure there are a ton more. Where
> > can I go to find an overview of such cool features?
> Which cool feature? Could some kind soul please explain?
[...]

As said above, if you press <Tab> after /u/lo/li, it will
complete to /usr/local/lib, if you've set up the completion
right (you may want to run compinstall again to learn about
features that have been added recently).

--
Stéphane