Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
RE: Completion problem when `nocaseglob' is set
- X-seq: zsh-users 13439
- From: zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: Completion problem when `nocaseglob' is set
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:08:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: SuccessTheory
- References: <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D3883994B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <237967ef0810281137g6bf35b9ak276db84e830df4ad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <DD74FBB8EE28D441903D56487861CD9D38839DF6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
John Cooper wrote in
> Thanks for letting me know. 4.3.5 isn't available yet via Cygwin's
> setup.exe, so I've installed version 4.3.2, which doesn't exhibit the
> --- John.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mikael Magnusson [mailto:mikachu@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: 28 October 2008 18:37
> To: John Cooper
> Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Completion problem when `nocaseglob' is set
> 2008/10/28 John Cooper <John.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I've just upgraded to zsh 4.3.4 (via Cygwin) and have found that
>> completion in the root C: drive no longer works when I `setopt
>> Apparently, creating the /c directory allowed it to become visible to
>> the globbing system (it's listed in `print /*'), although I don't
>> understand why this is only needed when `nocaseglob' is in effect.
>> Anyway, with zsh 4.3.4, the above is now only a partial fix:
>> $ ls /c/<TAB> # lists files as expected
>> $ ls c:/<TAB> # no files listed
>> Does anyone know how I can get completion to work using c:/<TAB> with
>> zsh 4.3.4 with `nocaseglob' enabled?
>> I've tried the following, but to no avail:
>> zstyle ':completion:*:paths' accept-exact 'c:'
>> zstyle ':completion:*' fake-files '/:c'
> This is a bug that was fixed in 4.3.5,
Peter Castro maintains zsh on Cygwin
Peter Castro at: doctorATfruitbatDOTorg
I'd like an new version with c:/ completion as well!
http://www.successtheory.com/tips/cygwintips.php (in progress)
Messages sorted by: