/foo/b<tab> accessing paths other than /foo/*

Greetings,

I have a spindown timeout for hard disks that are mounted to
/storage{,2,3,4,5}.  Now, when I say, for example,
/storage5/src/k<tab>, the completion system apparently accesses
all those other storage* directories because the disks spin up.

Is it possible to configure the system so that it doesn't do that?
If I loose some /storage5/src/k<tab> => oops, it was actually
under storage4 => /storage4/src/kernel correction feature, that's ok.

--
Hannu