vi bindings

Hey,

I like using zsh and all, but there's one itch I really need to scratch: the vi bindings, attainable by "set -o vi".

I'd like it to work like bash's version pretty much. I don't see the reason for disabling ^R for example, or ^A, or ^E.

Then there's backspace. What's that supposed to mimic anyway? I notice space works the expected way (one character forward.)

There are a lot of these changes I'd like to make, making an exhaustive list would probably take me about a week of using and reporting. So, my question is either:
1. Has anyone made zsh vi mode like bash's?
2. How do I make zsh vi mode like bash's?