Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
vi-kill-word widget/function which respects $WORDCHARS
- X-seq: zsh-users 14251
- From: spiralofhope <spiralofhope@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: vi-kill-word widget/function which respects $WORDCHARS
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:55:42 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject :message-id:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=PHJsahIvJ+HGxjthdwhDt8sJVM9KqK/bJNkE9sH+Zb4=; b=mL6FL8r6cJ77wAJA80DGFCqTIE1kn3tStsZ02dBno9js8e0hzp3035EMwt+t0POGD9 lp5+wy5gvdUYRT6v8PT8tuN7KEtXoitwkc7D//WpviNvq4DRBfu78KyJQ5uyFuAJsUKW HWd5oK5qZRYVACJMjbCr0puTzkJUTAmrggJFY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=JWTMsiyG9PVPfhBS8XZ1gfRhDVwtcAvbRBpva7tBHghSCvfnxf86B3Z5A8RISMCHBf OyUIcCqM63mpxDKKzBB/p8+PGHtUicppz+9PSOaEwjjkgLm9VarpRtLvl2O27yrtG+KI AYC8R+3GzklxXX3W7gNEmnhFaMzjXQjT5b3nM=
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I've been fiddling with my bindings, and I bumped into the various vi
bindings, which all seem to respect my $WORDCHARS
That includes bindings like:
bindkey '^[^?' vi-backward-kill-word
However, I'm interested in some sort of 'vi-kill-word' to kill the
current word (in the forward direction), while still respecting
$WORDCHARS (kill-word does not). Is there such a widget?
I've been hunting around, but I haven't been able to come up with a
solution to this.
I also looked through the list of widgets in the documentation, and
when I highlighted 'kill' I didn't see anything which could serve this
Maybe I should read more thoroughly, perhaps there is some other widget
which could do what I want?
Should I be considering making a function like this?
- kill the current word with 'kill-word'
- apply the word separator to the kill buffer
- spit out the remainder into the command line
Has anyone else done something like that?
Messages sorted by: