Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: compinit and promptinit fail on virtual terminal
- X-seq: zsh-users 14369
- From: Stephan Friedrichs <stephan.friedrichs@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: compinit and promptinit fail on virtual terminal
- Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:29:51 +0200
- In-reply-to: <alpine.LNX.2.01.0909141535240.2540@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <4AAE9931.9030106@xxxxxxxx> <alpine.LNX.2.01.0909141535240.2540@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> (I use paludis, not portage).
I also use paludis :)
And as at least one Gentoo user is reading this: I even tried 'paludis
-i zsh --dl-reinstall always', which recursively rebuilds all
dependencies of zsh (i. e. half of my system), but didn't fix the issue.
> I noticed that zsh-completion has a version number of '20080310', which
> predates the release of both 4.3.9 and 4.3.10 (so your downgrade to 4.3.9
> might not have avoided some interaction between the two). Try backing off
> to 4.3.6 to see if it still occurs [scratch that, try 4.3.4-r1; even 4.3.6
> was late March, 2008]. Maybe just try removing zsh-completion entirely,
> to see if it's the problem.
Unfortunately, no combination of downgrading to app-shells/zsh-4.3.4-r1
and removing zsh-completion doesn't fix the issue.
> Otherwise, my question would be, what other .zsh files might you have? I
> didn't pare it down to the minimal .zshrc you posted (I've got too much
> else going on in mine), but your first post on the Gentoo forum thread
> looked like it was searching in .config/zsh/modules in your home
> directory, which seems odd to me.
My usual setup is a ~/.zshrc file, which sources half a dozen files from
~/.config/zsh/ containing the actual configuration (prompt, alias,
completion, ...). But the default gentoo ~/.zshrc (the 'simple .zshrc'
that I posted) also provokes the same error.
Früher hieß es ja: Ich denke, also bin ich.
Heute weiß man: Es geht auch so.
- Dieter Nuhr
Messages sorted by: