Re: compinit and promptinit fail on virtual terminal

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Sebastian Stark wrote:

> Am 14.09.2009 um 21:27 schrieb Stephan Friedrichs:
> > /home/igel/.zshrc:2: compinit: function definition file not found
> > /home/igel/.zshrc:3: promptinit: function definition file not found
> > /home/igel/.zshrc:3: command not found: prompt
>
> What is the value of the fpath variable and does one of its components indeed
> contain the compinit function?

Hmm.  I can also confirm that adding zsh-completion and setting up a new
user w/ Stephan's example .zshrc does *not* trigger the issue for me.
Using that user, I get the following:

zshtester@hp ~ % find $fpath -maxdepth 1 -name compinit
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.10/functions/Completion/compinit

For that user (which, again, doesn't have the problem, but maybe this is
useful as the "control" group), $fpath contains
'/usr/share/zsh/site-functions' and a slew of directories under
'/usr/share/zsh/4.3.10/functions'.

Best,
Ben